Under the European Union’s Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP) funding, Search for Common Ground has produced conflict scans across 6 countries as part of its COVID-19 response programming.
These quarterly quantitative reports look at the impact of COVID-19 on pre-existing conflict dynamics, horizontal and vertical cohesion, communities’ satisfaction and trust levels in the government’s COVID-19 response and in COVID-19 responders themselves, and at trusted information channels.
To view all scans on a map, click here or view below.
Available conflict scans (reverse chronological order):
- Kenya: July 2021, April 2021, December 2020
- Nigeria: September 2021, April 2021, December 2020
- Palestine: December 2021, May 2021, December 2020
- Tanzania: November 2021, April 2021, December 2020
- Uganda: February 2022, September 2021, May 2021, December 2020
- Yemen: November 2021, April 2021, December 2020
- Trust in authorities – the golden ticket to successful COVID-19 vaccine roll-out in conflict settings (EN, FR, AR—December 2020)
- A story of resilience and fragilities: the impact of COVID-19 on horizontal cohesion in conflict-affected countries (EN, FR, AR—July 2021)
- Understanding the Gendered Impact of COVID-19 on Social Cohesion in Conflict-Affected and Fragile Contexts (EN, FR—April 2022)
Want to share your thoughts on the findings? Add them to our discussion here!