The Search for Common Ground Finance Team seeks to achieve excellence in financial management by providing accurate and timely financial information to Search management and programs and by adhering to established financial practices and accounting principles.
This position can be located in any registered Search office.
- Oversight and review of key contract preparations, amendments, and negotiations.
- Ensures that Search for Common Ground’s contracts are prepared and executed in compliance with the evolving rules and regulations of a diverse set of partners and donors.
- Support the grants and contracts team’s efforts to diversify Search’s partner and contractor portfolio, helping to expand Search’s work with small organizations and entities serving historically marginalized or underrepresented groups.
- Negotiate contract agreements for products and services.
- Prepare and edit contracts between Search and partners/donors/clients.
- Handle breach of contracts promptly.
- Maintain ongoing updates of major donors’ & primes’ rules & regulations for program and finance staff use
- Maintain user-friendly grants and sub-recipient management resources to facilitate compliance.
- Assist relevant finance staff with contract compliance concerning billing and invoicing.
- Maintain comprehensive contract repositories within a contract management tool.
- Update the contracting workflow process to ensure scalability and reporting on contract stages.
- Advise on compliance-related matters during the bids and proposals process.
- Interface with other functional groups to ensure consistency and integrity in contract processing.
- Administer the process and systems related to the review, approval, and execution of agreements.
- Contribute to communications and training for implementing program and finance teams about Grants & Contracts policies, practices, and procedures.
- Perform basic analyses for firm and fixed prices and determine appropriate contract vehicles and pricing arrangements based on program requirements.
- Negotiate with vendors (when delegated) on proposed pricing, performance, technical terms, and contract provisions as part of support to procurement processes.
- Collaborate with managers (when requested) on developing appropriate specifications, work statements, and evaluation criteria
- Provide technical assistance and training to contractors and grantees when requested.
- Receive and investigate inquiries pertinent to grants, contract agreements, and purchase orders; review documentation and prepare responses and recommendations.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Demonstrates In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, and legal specifications. Further certification in contract management will be an advantage
- Ability to prioritize multiple commitments simultaneously in a fluid environment.
- Understanding of nonprofit financial management and best practices.
- Ability to read and understand legal contracts with an eye for risk management and compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate complex concepts in a clear, understandable manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce.
Education and Experience
BS/BA Degree with a minimum of 9 years of relevant work experience.
Preferred Qualifications or KSAs
- Fluent in French
- Experience with the Administrative Requirements for Federal Awards, including pre-and post-award requirements and cost principles contained in 2 CFR 200 (Uniform Guidance)
- JD Degree or a relevant field, such as business administration or business law, with a concentration in finance.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Routinely coordinates with colleagues and consultants on-site and in the field and resolves problem situations tactfully.
- Represents, as assigned, selected programs or projects and other organizations, including donors, vendors, and international and local partners.
- Interacts with country office and regional staff.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Usual office environment conditions
- Supervisory and Budget Responsibility